Living north of Montreal, in the Laurentians, a beautiful part of Canada where it can go as low as – 30C somedays and even lower with the wind factor, we need to be prepared and well equipped for snow, winds, slush and even freezing rain. So obviously, the right winter gear, for this climate needs to be warm, and highly water resistant to keep our little ones cozy and dry all day long.
Because we love outdoors activities like snowshoeing, hiking, sledding or just for quiet walks in the woods, even on very cold days, as I mentioned above, we need to choose the correct gear for all members. And let’s be honest, for any piece, the number one rule is to make sure it’s waterproof or at least water resistant. Can I tell you that I had many, many experiences with snowsuits ( read with 3 boys and 1 winters later … ) Some were great and some others not so good. I’ve been buying and knowing the Deux par Deux snowsuits for many years now since it existed back when my oldest was a baby.
Here are the functions and details of why I really like the Deux par Deux snowsuits and why I recommend them:
- they have a protective insulation for warmth in temperatures as low as -30 °C (-22 °F) and yes the boys came back really warm at these temperatures since we played outside recently and it was that cold
- they are coated with polyurethane and TEFLON for water resistance and weatherproof function
- they are lined with polar fleece for more comfort
- sleeves have elasticized wrists with adjustable Velcro tabs – makes easier to put gloves in and no snow will insert in sleeve
- has a snow skirt with a rubberized elastic band – very practical if you ask me for when they slide or sit in the snow
- the pants include a detachable, adjustable strap because not all kids likes to have straps or older kids often don’t like the bib/overalls-style because they look “too baby”
- the seat, knee, and cuff are Cordura reinforced, perfect for little adventurers
We love winter
Also, as a reminder, I’ve been buying this brand for many years so I know it well and they were always a great choice when it came to choose a two piece snowsuits for my boys. They stay beautiful wash after wash and warm after many hours of fun in the snow.